Project Integrity is AIC’s impact litigation and medical education program. We work to ensure that the rights of children born with intersex traits receive the same protection that anyone else in a hospital, doctor’s office, school, sport, or research activity would receive. Project Integrity’s work includes:
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society
- Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Nassau County School District (Long Island, NY)
- Seattle Children’s Hospital
- University of California, San Francisco Hospital
- University of Michigan Medical School and Law School,
- and many others.
Advocating for our constituents’ rights with agencies such as the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service, the U.S. Dept. of State, the U.S. Dept. of Justice, the World Health Organization, and the United Nations.
AIC is the only organization in the U.S. addressing this problem through legal advocacy. Through creative legal strategies that develop leadership within the community and link grassroots activists with national social justice movements, we are successfully defending a child’s right to bodily integrity, sexual function, and procreation.